October 10, 2010

Catching Up

So much to do, and so little time to do it! I really can't complain though. Not many people are as lucky as I to be able to do what I love. I am still cranking out art and props for the Universal Halloween Horror Nights events, and also preparing a few projects to complete for Halloween once I return home to Pennsylvania next week. I also have a small paper model project (related to "The Knoll") that I hope to release soon.

First I would like to recognize a few people who have sent me photos of their Haunted Dimensions projects in recent weeks.

Michael B. sent a photo of their first attempt at a cookie house. It is nothing short of spectacular!


Next, MaryKay, Karen and Kathyrn, who live in Beijing, China, have created several Cookie Manors over the last few years. Here there most recent.

MaryKay writes,
"Since my daughter (now ten years old) always wants to do something different each year, we took your template and made a few tweaks: flipped the porch to the right side; put a gabled addition on the left front; added a second portico-tower on the right side, above the porch. We also raised the roof pieces by 1.5 inches, to make the house taller. For three years your template has been the foundation and inspiration for our family's new tradition of creating a gingerbread haunted mansion. Thank you so much! "
As usual, MaryKay, you and your crew have outdone yourselves!

On Thursday, October 7, I had the opportunity to meet the fans and discuss the behind-the-scenes process of writing and designing our "LegendaryTruth-The Collective", immersive web mystery! I joined TJ Mannarino (Director of Entertainment Art & Design), Vickie Fraser (designer) and Rick Spencer (writer) for an evening of secrets and fun stories we experienced while inventing an online phenomenon. The evening is part of series of special events taking place in the "HHN VIP Lounge" at Cafe La Bamba, at Universal Studios, in which fans of HHN can meet the designers of Halloween Horror Nights and learn about key milestones of the last 20 years of HHN. For more info about the HHN Lounge and the special designer forums (Thursday nights), click here, "Secrets from the Past.
Meeting with LegendaryTruth fans, aka "The Collective", at the HHN VIP LOUNGE at Universal.

With my boss, TJ Mannarino (Director of Entertainment Art & Design)



Revealing the journal of Dr. Mary Agana for the first time!

Thanks to Chip Lundell for the photos! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigchippah/sets/)


No comments:

Post a Comment