October 30, 2010

HALLOWEEN EVE!

I've been working on several Halloween projects and have also been derelict in my duties of keeping Haunted Dimensions up to date! Sorry about that!

First, take a look at our most recent project.
This is "Sam" from the movie "Trick 'r Treat"! Mrs. K and I built him over the course of the last week. Mrs. K sewed Sam's jammies and cowl, while I supplied the armature, construction and lollipop. BTW - the lollipop is real! i made it from melted orange Lifesaver candies! I wanted to make it out of transparent orange plastic, but couldn't find anything within the amount of time we had, so I made this temporary pop.

I also made a few "Witch Jars". They are an idea I got from Pumpkinrot.com. I start with a regular jar, give it a shot of black spray paint into the bottom (it should create a light gradient of "soot" almost to the lip). Mix white glue, a little bit of acrylic green paint (optional), a few drops of water and and a pinch or two of dirt. Pour it in the bottom of jar (enough to cover the bottom about 1/4 inch). Coat the entire inside, pour out extra and let settle and dry. I prefer to use battery flicker tea lights. A handful of white feathers hides the bulbs and gives it an ethereal, nauseating glow!

I also just completed carving 35 "craft" pumpkin jack-0-lanterns! They will be in the trees and bushes around our house on Halloween night, lit by flickering battery powered tea lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment